'BATTLE OF ARNHEM' TOUR
What was the immediate cause of Operation Market Garden? Why did the battle not turn out as planned ? And what were the consequences on the further course of WW II as well as for the Dutch citizens?
The beuatiful surroundings of Arnhem and Oosterbeek became witness of a traumatic event in history: thousands of soldiers died, were wounded or taken prisoner at war, the ravages in the centre of Arnhem and the evacuation of the Arnhem and Oosterbeek citizens.
Historians continue to debate the reasons of Market Garden's failure but the bravery of those involved is not in question!
According to your interests, we visit:
- the John Frost bridge and its surroundings
- the information center near the bridge
- the Airborne Museum
- the Arnhem Oosterbeek War Cemetary
- the Westerbouwing
- the old roman church or Lonsdale church.
- war monuments e.g. the sculptures of the Warrior (Henry Moore) and 'Women during wartime'
- drive along the drop and landing zones in Wolfheze
- follow the routes of the battalions on their way to the John Frost bridge
- the liberation museum in Groesbeek near Nijmegen
A few reactions of clients:
Chris Reed (september 2012):
...Lut was an exceptional host. Very good information and lots of great visits to replenish this...
Daniel Kasaka (Battle of Arnhem tour augustus 2012):
... Lut was great and we would never have achieved half of what we did if we had been on our own....
For more information, click here to contact me.